This is my blog to document my travels over the next five months while I work on the Norwegian Cruise ship, the Pearl. We will be cruising Alaska, British Columbia and Seattle. The previous entries told of my trip three years ago around the Ionian and Aegean Seas, visiting Italy, Greece, and Turkey along the way! Stay tuned for lots of stories and pictures of my adventure!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 15 – May 14, 2010 – At Sea and Tofu!

Today was a big laundry day for the show…lots of up and down stairs with baskets of costumes, competing for machines and lugging wet non-dryer-able ones back upstairs to air dry.

We were at sea today and it was the end of a very long week! I also had training at 1:30 that I thought would be the standard 20-30 minute lecture…. Turns out it was a 2 ½ hour training on Crowd Management! Ahhh! It was so tiring but I got a certificate for completing it, lol! I thought I earned that working for years at Blake’s on the Park! Now I know how to manage the passengers if we ever had to abandon ship! Aye….


Tonight, I went to the sushi restaurant on ship, Orchid Garden with Eric and Pieter and found the only Tofu on the ship!!!! I was SO excited, but it actually turned out to be pretty awful. :( It was just really soft and in this weird tomato-based chili sauce with a couple carrots and that was about it. It was a cross between spaghetti-o’s and well… spaghetti-o’s with tofu cubes.













Ah well… next time, back to the Avocado Roll! I did get a chance to try the supposed best dessert on the ship – the Banana Pancake – a pancake with sliced bananas, some warm honey-type sauce and vanilla ice cream. MMM!










No comments:

Post a Comment