This is my blog to document my travels over the next five months while I work on the Norwegian Cruise ship, the Pearl. We will be cruising Alaska, British Columbia and Seattle. The previous entries told of my trip three years ago around the Ionian and Aegean Seas, visiting Italy, Greece, and Turkey along the way! Stay tuned for lots of stories and pictures of my adventure!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 10 – May 9, 2010 – Mother’s Day, Split, Croatia and COLORZ

Today was my first day running a show on my own and I was really looking forward to it. I was eager to jump in to work all last week and it was so nice to get down to business of setting up my work station, the dressing room and the paperwork the way it works best for me. We had a tech run this afternoon and I decided not to get off the boat so that I could solely focus on work. I didn’t know much about Split, so I’ll have to do a bit of homework on it anyway before going there next time. The only thing I’ve heard is about a great pizza place haha…. They know me well!

During tech run, I went through my dressing notes and visualized the quick changes as it went along. After doing that, I wasn’t too worried. I remembered just about everything and felt good about the night’s show. It ended up going very smoothly! The only challenge is not being on stage, honestly! As those of you know me, I’m sure you can just imagine me doing the routines (or my versions of them, more likely) off stage in between changes, lol. After the show, I brought the towels down to the main laundry and went to call mom for Mother’s Day. It feels like I’ve been gone for weeks and weeks and haven’t talked to anyone in months. It was great to catch up and talk a little bit about ship life, the ports, and work. I finally experienced the satellite delay issue – it takes a second for each person’s sentence to come through, so you have to wait for the response longer than normal.

I went to hang out with Pieter and after some clever hinting, I figured out that it’s his birthday tomorrow! He was able to schedule to be off the whole day and night with the other doctor on board and had made plans with Eric and I to get off the ship in Corfu, Greece during the day. I needed to get with Eric quick on the rest of the plans for the day and night…

No comments:

Post a Comment