This is my blog to document my travels over the next five months while I work on the Norwegian Cruise ship, the Pearl. We will be cruising Alaska, British Columbia and Seattle. The previous entries told of my trip three years ago around the Ionian and Aegean Seas, visiting Italy, Greece, and Turkey along the way! Stay tuned for lots of stories and pictures of my adventure!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 55 – June 23, 2010 – Mykonos, Super Paradise part 2, Alexandria’s bday, Cabaret show

My last boat drill was so much fun! Mmmm kidding… it was awful and long and cut into the time we had in Mykonos :( Eric, Pieter and I headed off the ship as soon as we could, took the shuttle towards town and ended up renting three ATV’s for us to travel on to Super Paradise Beach! I was so excited that it was a nicer day than when I last went and hoped there would be more people there welcoming us with open Greek arms!

We made great time as we flew through the winding, rollercoaster roads of the island towards the gayest place in the Ionian sea. It was soooo much fun and so beautiful looking at all the mountains spotted with white cube houses, farms of goats and cows, stunning guest houses, boutique hotels, B&Bs, etc… and random TINY white chapels with red roofs. It only took about 20 minutes since we left the gas station next to the ATV rental place to arrive in the (FULL) beach parking lot. :) There were definitely a lot more people out, being a couple weeks later into the summer season and a nicer day and quite a few more gaggles of gays scattered throughout the beach chairs. We promptly ordered food and wine and laid down to make the most of our hour and a half there. After eating, I took a walk down the shoreline and I found the nude section (all the way to the right side of nearly every beach in this part of the world) and the largest gay concentration was of course, there. I held my camera discretely, as nudists aren’t too terribly fond of tourists taking pictures while they’re out enjoying their nature. Some Italian gays said “Ciao” and I was thrilled beyond belief to simply return the greeting, the nod, and the smile – and the international acknowlegement of shared experience. I walked back to the boys and made them take a stroll with me to gaytown. Eric posed for a quick photoshoot (as usual) and we hightailed it back to homebase to unfortunately pack up and head out. Stopping for a quick frozen bev’ for the road, we got a touch of the brain freeze and ran off to our trusted steeds! Of course, Eric’s wouldn’t start and Dr. Pieter had to use his charms on the manual starter. We were off and made it back in perfect time, drinking in the sunshine on the ride back to town shirtless and without a concern or worry in the world!!

After getting back on board, Eric and I hit deck 8 for the sailaway and some swimming time. Pieter joined us after a bit and we laid out, getting even more sun. We retired to Pieter’s cabin and watched “How to Train Your Dragon”, to which I promptly fell asleep! I got up, gave Alexandria a surprise birthday call and caught up briefly with the bumblebee of Midtown. Also had a very meaningful chat with my Lizard in Atlanta and got a chance to catch up on some important family stuff. I got ready to see the cabaret show that the singers did in the Atrium and it went much better than last time – they set up lots more seating, so it was less like a bazaar and more like an actual show venue. Andrew did “Corner of the Sky” from Pippin again and Teren and Heather did “Suddenly Seymour”, so I was very pleased with that Broadway moment!

Click here for the full album from today's adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive