This is my blog to document my travels over the next five months while I work on the Norwegian Cruise ship, the Pearl. We will be cruising Alaska, British Columbia and Seattle. The previous entries told of my trip three years ago around the Ionian and Aegean Seas, visiting Italy, Greece, and Turkey along the way! Stay tuned for lots of stories and pictures of my adventure!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 51 – June 19, 2010 – Venice, Verona, H&M Mestre, replacement comes, Welcome show

This day is not and forever referred to the day that shall not be named… the only thing that I am permitted to report is that my replacement, Mariya from Pasadena has arrived!

Much time was spent preparing for this, getting notes together and cleaning things up in the dressing room. This week, I’ll be working with her on the handover, showing her around and teaching her the shows. She’s a veteran, to say the least, of wardrobe supervising, so it won’t take her long to get right into the groove of things. She’s on the ship for 6 months and works through the cast changeover in early October. During the changeover, at least one other wardrobe person is brought on to help with the enormous task of refitting all the costumes in the shows to the new cast. She’s pitched the idea of me coming back to work that changeover for 2-3 weeks at most since I already know the shows and ship so well. This could be a fabulous opportunity and I would get to revisit a wonderful cast I’ve grown to love…. Annnnnd see the Greek Isles once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive